First Nite in DC

My train was on time getting into DC and I got to our hotel a few hours earlier than the kids did. So, I was able to scout out the Metro and a few good places to eat. I also was able to unpack, call Doc, Aunt Sis and my sister to let them know I got to DC OK. After everyone got here on their charter bus, we all met in the lobby and figured out where we were going to go and eat...some of us went one place and the guys split off and went to some Mongolian place...

After dinner we walked down to the Metra station to buy our Metra cards...it took quite a long time for everyone to get a card because the machines are sort of complicated if you have never done it before. Last year Dean Dieker's daughter just stuffed my 20 dollar bill in and pressed a few button and off I went with my Metra card. This year I was in charge of all of that....YIKES. Being responsible for all these kids is giving me acid reflux in a big way...although this is a great bunch of students.

They have scattered to the four winds tonite...going out exploring Arlington...at least they are in a big group so that is good thing. I keep telling myself they are all adults and responsible for themselves...

Tomorrow we are going to the Capital and the Holacaust museum.